Elite runners have long relied on technology to analyze performance, maximize training, and challenge the competitive boundaries of the sport. Serious runners long sought the same advantages only to be confronted with a costly and complicated process. Not any longer. Now, The Runner’s Edge
is yours. The Runner’s Edge
takes you inside tech-based training, from the assortment of speed and distance devices available to the advantages of tracking and analyzing your results with the latest software. With the most current research in sport and science, you’ll learn to leverage technology for more productive workouts and faster times.
Written by scientist, coach, and training pioneer Stephen J. McGregor, PhD, and best-selling author and running expert Matt Fitzgerald, The Runner’s Edge
provides new insights into technology-based training. In this one-of-a-kind work, you’ll learn these skills:
- Determine pace targets for all of your workouts.
- Define optimal weekly and long-term training loads.
- Identify and address strengths and weaknesses in your running fitness.
- Recognize periods of overreaching resulting in illness or overtraining.
- Identify plateaus to ensure progressive training.
- Taper your program to peak for optimal performance.
Complete with a consumer buying guide, sample programs from 5K to marathon, guidelines for using technology on race day, and triathlon-specific strategies, The Runner’s Edge
will revolutionize your running regimen. Experience the power of technology-based training, and step up to elite-level performance.