Effective athletic training is tailored to suit the specific sporting needs of the athlete. A soccer player needs to develop strength, agility and endurance but their fitness and exercise recovery requirements will vary throughout the soccer season.
In response to the lack of in-depth and up-to-date material focusing on this area, Science of Athletic Training
provides clear guidelines, an evidence base and a theoretical framework for proven effective soccer training in practice.
Some of the key features in this new manual include:
* annual programme and pre-season training
* avoiding over-training and reducing the risk of injury
* strength, power and anaerobic training
* alternative training for soccer
* nutrition, diet, sleep and lifestyle.
This is a thorough text with impressive attention to detail. The book presents lots of graphic illustrations and explains the research-based rationale for the advice given. This is anessential tool for students and professionals in sports science and sports coaching.