'The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures, seventh edition' presents up-to-date, evidence-based clinical skills procedures related to every aspect of a person's care.
* Includes over 350 clinical procedures that nurses must know
* Promotes best practice based on the latest research findings
* All procedures include the rationale for each action
* Focuses on in patient-centred care
* Valuable to novices as well as expert nurses
* Related topics grouped for quick reference
* Clear, unambiguous and easy to understand
* New improved colour layout with more illustrations
Clinical skills procedures are a fundamental aspect of nursing care so it is essential that they are evidence-based. This manual provides that evidence, based on an appraisal of current research and advice from clinical experts.
New for the seventh edition:
* A new chapter on 'Positioning' - how to help a patient sit in bed, to stand and lie comfortably
* Separate chapters on 'Assessment and the process of care' and 'Communication'
* New sections on problem solving, to help nurses during the course of their clinical work
* Evidence rated to help nurses assess its validity
This invaluable companion enables nurses to gain the confidence they need to become informed, skilled practitioners.