This pocket reference book provides a wealth of practical information at your fingertips, whenever you need it. Rich in background detail, at-a-glance tables and diagrams, equations, and more, the Passive Solar Architecture Pocket Reference
is a handy resource for architects, engineers and students.
• Load determinants and Responses (including world wide biomes and climates, building metabolism and response, thermal sources and sinks, passive building responses to sources and sinks, tuning the building to the environment, optimizing insulation & thermal mass for comfort)
• Contextual Aspects (including microclimate and siting, temperatures, humidity, wind, radiation and comfort parameters)
• Passive Components (including building envelope, passive solar terminology, orientation, apertures and glazing, thermal storage, thermal control and materials
• Design Tools (including sun path diagrams, sun peg diagrams, air flow relationships, thermal modelling and life cycle design)
• Specific Functions (including passive heating, passive cooling and ventilation, natural lighting, passive water heating, resource collection and Integrated design)