Authored by leading experts from around the world, the three-volume Handbook of Nanostructured Thin Films and Coatings gives scientific researchers and product engineers a resource as dynamic and flexible as the field itself. The first two volumes cover the latest research and application of the mechanical and functional properties of thin films and coatings, while the third volume explores the cutting-edge organic nanostructured devices used to produce clean energy.
This second volume, Nanostructured Thin Films and Coatings: Functional Properties, focuses on functional properties (i.e., optical, electronic, and electrical) and related devices and applications. It also addresses topics such as:
- Large-scale fabrication of functional thin films using nanoarchitecture via chemical routes
- Fabrication and characterization of SiC nanostructured/nanocomposite films
- Low-dimensional nanocomposite fabrication and its applications
- Optical and optoelectronic properties of silicon nanocrystals embedded in SiO2 matrix
- Electrical properties of silicon nanocrystals embedded in amorphous SiO2 matrix
- Optical aspects of properties and applications of sol-gel-derived nanostructured thin films
- Controllably micro/nanostructured films and devices
- Thin-film shape memory alloy for microsystem applications
A complete resource, this handbook provides the detailed explanations that newcomers need, as well as the latest cutting-edge research and data for experts. Covering a wide range of mechanical and functional technologies, including those used in clean energy, these books also feature figures, tables, and images that will aid research and help professionals acquire and maintain a solid grasp of this burgeoning field.