Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Cell and Molecular Biology offers a highly visual presentation of essential cell and molecular biology, focusing on topics related to human health and disease. This new addition to the internationally best-selling Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews Series includes all the popular features of the series: abundance of full-color annotated illustrations, expanded outline format, chapter summaries, review questions, and case studies that link basic science to real-life clinical situations. The book can be used as a review text for a stand-alone cell biology course in medical, health professions, and upper-level undergraduate programs, or in conjunction with Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry for integrated courses.
A companion Website features the fully searchable online text, an interactive Question Bank for students, and an Image Bank for instructors to create PowerPoint® presentations.
• 250 full-color, annotated illustrations and 60 tables to visually explain concepts in the text.
• Ancillaries for Faculty include: Image Bank including all the images in the book along with a library of individual symbols/structures for faculty to build their own PowerPoints.
• Ancillaries for Students include: fully-searchable online text and interactive Question Bank with an additional 250 questions.
• Chapter-opening overviews and end-of-chapter summaries.
• Clinical vignettes/case-studies along with board-style review questions in each chapter.
• Follows the standard approach and expanded outline format of the LIR series.
• Integrated coverage of relative histology.
• Key words shown throughout the text in boldface and newly introduced vocabulary and abbreviations defined.