The informal style of Laser Material Processing (4th Edition) will guide you smoothly from the basics of laser physics to the detailed treatment of all the major materials processing techniques for which lasers are now essential.
• Helps you to understand how the laser works and to decide which laser is best for your purposes.
• New chapters on laser physics, drilling, micro- and nanomanufacturing and biomedical laser processing reflect the changes in the field since the last edition, updating and completing the range of practical knowledge about the processes possible with lasers already familiar to established users of this well-known text.
• Provides a firm grounding in the safety aspects of laser use.
• Now with end-of-chapter exercises to help students assimilate information as they learn.
• The authors’ lively presentation is supported by a number of original cartoons by Patrick Wright and Noel Ford which will bring a smile to your face and ease the learning process.