Don't miss the 12th edition of this bestseller, fully updated and now covering social networking!
Sixteen years since the publication of the first edition, this smash hit book has outsold and outlasted all the competition. See what all the excitement is about with the newest edition, The Internet For Dummies, 12th Edition. You'll not only find a lot of the basics presented in an easy-to-follow and friendly style, you'll also get the latest on social networking, security, and much more-stuff barely on the horizon a couple of years ago that now dominates the online landscape.
* Introduces you to what's online, how to deal with annoyances like spam and spyware, and how to control what your kids see and do online
* Walks you through picking a provider, getting hooked up to the Internet, and sharing a connection in your home or with other devices
* Gives you a guided a tour through popular Web browsers, getting good search results; finding music and video; shopping; banking; and sharing files
* Also covers e-mail, connecting with friends, online chats, and more
* Helps you find the hot social networking sites and see how to handle photo and video sharing
Using the Internet? Get thoroughly up to speed with this popular guide.