Upgrade the Energy and Environmental Performance of Existing Buildings
This GreenSource guide explains how to transform existing buildings into more energy-efficient, resource-conserving green buildings. The book provides a clear process that guides you, step-by-step, through each phase of moving building operations and maintenance toward the goal of a green-certified building.
Greening Existing Buildings features proven technologies and operating methods, and shows building owners and facility managers how to green buildings in a cost-effective way. This practical and insightful resource highlights the ten best practices for greening existing buildings, and includes more than 25 case studies of successful implementations and 35 insightful interviews with industry experts and building owners and managers.
Greening Existing Buildings covers:
- Economic drivers and market dynamics
- Getting the U.S. EPA's ENERGY STAR rating
- U.S. Green Building Council's LEED for Existing Buildings rating
- Making the business case for greening existing buildings
- Cost of greening and setting realistic project budgets
- Energy-efficient building upgrades
- Sustainable site management and water conservation retrofits
- Crafting purchasing and waste management policies
- Upgrading indoor environmental quality
- Managing a LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (EBOM) certification project, from beginning to end