Design and Construct High-Performance Buildings on Standard Budgets
This comprehensive, well-illustrated guide covers the entire process of building a certified green building. It offers expert insight into tackling various projects, from concept and design, to unifying members of the team, to constructing high-performance buildings on time and within budget. . .
Written by one of the building industry's foremost experts in this area, Green Building Through Integrated Design includes case studies of a number of projects in North America. The book features interviews with key players to illuminate the integrated design process, including relevant issues, difficult challenges, and problem-solving techniques. Green Building Through Integrated Design is the most complete overview of green building project delivery methods available, and is a thorough blueprint that every member of the project team will find invaluable.. .
- Key questions to ask at each stage of the green building process.
- Profiles of 30 projects in the U.S. and Canada .
- Detailed interviews with numerous designers and builders .
- Useful checklists, tables, and charts, and numerous project photos .
- Key tips on how to iimplement the LEED design and certification process.
- Information on how to use green building project management software
. . . .
Green Building Through Integrated Design covers:
- Project costs .
- Business case benefits.
- Green technologies.
- Rating and certification systems.
- Integrated design process.
- Certification process.
- Case studies