Continuing globalization has meant the increased development and importance of regional and international trade organizations and trade agreements. This Dictionary
provides a background to the historical development of such systems, as well as giving a global overview of the current situation.
Impartial analysis and up-to-date information is given in a concise way, detailing:
* Major international and regional trade agreements and organizations
* Other national and international organizations involved in trade
* Major commodities
* People involved in the development and current state of trade agreements and organizations
* Countries and regions involved in agreements
* Other topics of importance, such as multinationals and globalization.
Entries are listed alphabetically, and fully cross-referenced for ease of use.