Highly practical and student centered, Applied Helping Skills: Transforming Lives
, is an experiential text focusing on basic skills and core interventions. Although it has a consistent a big-picture perspective, this book emphasizes the role of counselors to make contact with their individual clients, to help them feel understood, and to clarify the major issues that trouble them. Key Features and Benefits
- Uses an authentic voice with humor, engaging prose, and practical examples to convey the excitement and satisfaction of doing helping work
- Delves beyond reviewing the actions of dynamic practitioners, to discuss how effective practitioners actually think and feel
- Guides students through self-assessment exercises, reflective activities, and practical applications, allowing them to personalize and apply concepts while providing insight on how personal and moral choices affect clinical behavior
Accompanied by high-quality ancillaries!
- An Instructor’s Resource CD is available to qualified adopters
- A Student Study Site is available at www.sagepub.com/helpingskillsstudy
This upper-level undergraduate and graduate textbook is designed for courses covering basic helping skills in counseling, social work, psychology, family therapy, human services, and other related fields.