- How do adults really learn?
- How do I handle the first class or session?
- How can I get my material across in a way that will interest and excite people?
Completely revised and updated throughout, the new edition of this friendly and practical book is the guide on how to teach adults. Written in an accessible style, it unravels the myths of teaching adults, while explaining why it is both a rewarding and a complex task.
Using case studies and examples from a wide range of sources including higher education, adult education and management development, Adults Learning answers questions such as:
- How do I deal with a group of mixed ability?
- How can I can I manage the conflicts that may arise in a group?
- Which teaching methods work best and which are least effective?
The author includes new chapters on problem-based learning and action learning, updated and extensive new material on handling groups, and a revised chapter on coaching, providing plenty of points for further discussion.
Adults Learning is a must-read for anyone involved in teaching adults.